|

Is Beef Jerky Healthy?

Many times we see the question "Is Beef Jerky healthy?" The simple answer is "Yes". Having said that there are some hings that one must watch for when purchasing commercially made Jerky. I ended up being raised by a health and fitness fanatic and was somehow in a position to escape the obsession myself.

As I became older, I found out that I was preparing to fall in line with the healthiness conscious attitudes that I swore off in my own youth. Of recent times I have become fixated on getting heaps of protein just about every afternoon and Beef Jerky is one good source.

I have a big appetite together with a slow metabolism which means I really want to eat foods that fill me up without making me balloon out. I had never thought of Beef Jerky as being healthy.

I have spent a ridiculous level of money on protein mixes, shakes and bars but I have not found anything that I can continue with for a longer period of time. I have gone through many periods in which I would drink a slim fast high protein shake for breakfast time each and every working day. This got boring pretty quickly.

Until not very long ago, I believed that I hated beef jerky and I would certainly never buy it or test it. Running out of protein options, I began to believe I had better give jerky just one more try before I crossed it out of my list of protein possibilities.

I currently have a sensitive palette and I prefer bland foods to spicy ones. This issue makes enjoying beef jerky a tad difficult but I have found that it can be a great, healthy basis of necessary protein according to my doctor.

I looked for a make of beef jerky that did in any way contain any hydrogenated oils or trans fat. I found a store brand for approximately ten bucks a pound which lasts me about two weeks. When put next to the shakes and mixes, the beef jerky is a substantially more affordable option.

Make sure that you actually read the total listing of ingredients when picking out a brand of beef jerky because if you have been loading up on calories and fat, it sort of defeats the goal in my opinion. It can be difficult to pick up fifty grams of healthy protein just about every day while living on an expense plan and beef jerky might be very expensive. I have had greater success when looking at store brands.

I have been able to trim down on the amount of food I eat by replacing simple sugars or carbohydrates with protein and fiber. Sometimes though, it can be hard to eat a lot of protein and fruits and veggies at the workplace. So a quantity of dried foods such as beef jerky and dehydrated fruits can go a longer way.

If you are seeking to get rid of body weight or just simply eat healthier, start looking for natural products as frequently as possible. You take two steps back when the "health foods" you take in are loaded with fat, preservatives or unnatural ingredients.

Considering all the above, I was determined to discover a way to lower the cost so I thought about making my very own. Doing so meant that I could have a protein product that was all natural and no added stuff. Not only did the end product taste great but it was a bit of fun doing it as well.

I searched the internet and in the end bought a good book on home made beef jerky. There are plenty out there for you to choose from. One warning you finish up making jerky for everyone, so beware and enjoy.

Posted by Aneka Tips on 10.47. Filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. Feel free to leave a response

0 komentar for "Is Beef Jerky Healthy?"

Leave a reply

World Base :

Recently Added

Recently Commented